In this post, we will provide step by step guide to implement a gamification strategy to engage your customers and increase your signup rate using trivias. This post assumes that you have already installed "Upvert app" on your shopify shop.
Ensure you have created a deal or deal is present on your shop that want offer to customer in response to answering trivia question.
Campaign Creation Steps
- Login to app from your shopify admin console. Go to https://youshop/admin/apps and click on Upvert app.
- On the campaigns page, create new campaign. Add name something like - "Recipe 1 - Niche Trivia" and objective as - "Building Email List".
- From the campaign page, click on "Edit" button next to Display Triggers.
- Here you can set when to show this campaign. Click on "Add trigger" and choose "Exit Intent" option. You can also set whether to show this campaign when customer is on specific product/collection page. We will not add it as of now, then this campaign will show on every page when customer is trying to exit. Save the setting and click on "Campaign" link to go back to general configuration.
- Click on "Popup Design". In the "Trivia Templates" section look for template with tag as - "recipe1". You can change look and feel of the popup later. Select that template and click button "Go".
- Select the deal from the combo options that you want to show to customer in response to answering this question.
- You can select the elements on popup and change as required. You can also delete the image and add as new image as well as new question with visual editor. Click on "Combo" select and on the right side you see the option "Combo Dropdown Options". You can add new options one per line. Also set the right option in the below textbox. Save the template and go back to campaign.
- Click on "Edit" button for "After Signup Design". Discount code for the selected deal will be automatically populated here. Change the text like - "Thanks for participating the trivia, right answer is ... ". Save template and go back to campaign.
- Optionally you can configure to sync up signed up customer email ids to "Klavyio" or "Mailchimp" audience list.
- Activate campaign and see it in running on your shop.